The Healthy Lifestyle Program offered wellness and fitness activities as well as opportunities for seniors to socialize in a welcoming and fun environment. During the period of January-December, 58 classes were held with an average attendance of 13 seniors who attended weekly Sessions on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 9:00am – 9:30am was fitness class and 9:30am – 10:30am health education, followed by a healthy brunch.
Weekly activities included:
· Nutrition education
· Food demonstrations
· Low intensity exercise
· Chronic disease management sessions
· Managing stress using mind and body skills
· Senior Activities
· Portion Sizes, Calories, Sugar and Whole grains.
· Eating Healthy, Spending Less.
· Rethink Your Drink.
· Your Healthy Lifestyle Action Plan.